Land O' Lakes Oil Company is a fourth generation oil distributor. The company was started by Fred Brower in 1929. Oswald Schabel & Darrel Brower joined as partners in 1930. Fred left the business in 1940. In 1965 the company was purchased by Oswald's son-in-law Bob Winter and Darrel's son-in-laws Tom Jude and Jim Markwardt. The fleet consisted of two trucks at this time.